WHAT IS THE MOTABILITY SCHEME?
The Motability Scheme has been providing cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs since 1978 to ensure disabled people and their families can enjoy freedom and independence.
Motability is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement.
Mobility Scooters & Wheelchairs
Established to enable disabled people to access affordable, worry-free motoring, Motability provides customers with a brand new car as part of an all inclusive lease package that offers insurance, servicing, RAC breakdown assistance and replacement tyres. There are also many car adaptations available at no extra cost as part of Motability’s Managed Adaptations Programme. The Scheme now has over 600,000 customers and a reputation for outstanding customer service.
For more information about leasing a car through Motability, contact Keswick Motor Company at Lake Road, Keswick, CA12 5BX – 017687 72064 for a chat and advice on the full range of Fiat cars available. We are Cumbria’s longest serving Fiat dealer, caring for the people of West Cumbria and the Lakes for over 45 years.
POWERED WHEELCHAIRS AND SCOOTERS
Motability also offers disabled people the opportunity to lease a brand new scooter or powered wheelchair every three years including insurance, servicing and maintenance, full breakdown assistance, and tyre and battery replacement.
For more information on leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair from Motability contact us for no obligation advice, at Keswick Motor Company 017687 72064
HOW DOES THE MOTABILITY SCHEME WORK?
The Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement, is transferred to Motability as the lease payment for a car, scooter or powered wheelchair. Customers who choose a larger model may need to pay an additional Advance Payment, although over 400 cars are available for no further cost. A family member, carer or friend who lives within 5 miles of the disabled customer, can drive the car on their behalf if the customer does not drive.
There is a wide range of cars to choose from within the Fiat range, including the brand new Fiat 500L, now available from Nil advance payment. Or the cool and nippy Fiat 500 Convertible, ready for the summer, the choice is endless.
There are also Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles and drive-from wheelchair options, available based on the Fiat Doblo, and Fiat Qubo.
If required, a selection of popular adaptations may be included at no extra cost and there is also a choice of automatic options available.
Motability’s worry-free lease package includes:
- A wide range of brand new cars to choose from
- Insurance, servicing and maintenance
- Full RAC breakdown assistance
- Tyre and windscreen replacement
- 60,000 mileage allowance over the three years
- Many adaptations available at no extra cost
Customers only need to budget for fuel, any other consumables and any optional extras not fitted as standard to their chosen car.
Motability is the worry-free way to get a brand new car, scooter or powered wheelchair in exchange for the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement.
Information for editors:
- Motability is the UK’s leading car scheme for disabled people. It provides affordable, convenient, worry-free motoring to over 600,000 disabled customers and their families. Scooters and powered wheelchairs can also be leased through Motability.
- The Scheme is available to anyone who receives the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement. Customers transfer their mobility allowance to Motability to lease a car, scooter or powered wheelchair.
- When leasing a Motability car, insurance for two named drivers, servicing and maintenance, full RAC breakdown assistance, tyre and windscreen replacement and 60,000 mileage allowance over three years are all included in the cost of the lease. A range of popular car adaptations are also available at no additional cost.
- When leasing a scooter or powered wheelchair, insurance, breakdown assistance, servicing, maintenance and repairs and tyre and battery replacement are all included in the cost of the lease. Pricing is standard nationwide.
- A wide range of ‘green’ vehicles with emissions of 120 grams of CO2 per km or less are available through Motability
- Motability is the national charity that directs and oversees the Motability Scheme. Registered Charity in England and Wales No. 299745. Motability also provides financial assistance to customers, who would otherwise be unable to afford the mobility solution they need.
- Motability Operations is the not-for profit public company, that operates the Motability Car Scheme and the Motability Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme, under contract to Motability.